Start Your Project off Right with the Best Free PHP Server
Zend Server Free Edition gives your app the edge – get the fastest PHP server around, ready to go with all the drivers you need, along with advanced debugging tools.
Fastest PHP stack
Certified, tested PHP runtime pre-configured with popular extensions and libraries
Advanced troubleshooting tools
See key metrics on your app’s performance and set custom monitoring thresholds
Automatically package apps up to move from testing to production
Full PHP Stack
A full stack that has been pre-integrated and tested by Zend. Everything you need is included as standard, whether you’re using Windows, Linux or Mac OS. The simple, native installers will set you up in minutes with:
• A certified PHP distribution
• Bytecode accelerator (Optimizer+)
• Zend Data Cache
• Zend Framework
• Apache (or IIS integration)MySQL (on Windows and Mac OS X)
• Out-of-the-box connectivity to all common databases
• Web-based PHP administrator console
Zend Server includes multiple capabilities for improving response times including:
• PHP bytecode caching (Zend Optimizer+) – increases performance with no application changes
• Data caching – a set of functions that allow developers to cache data in shared memory or to disk
Zend Server has a full toolset to help you find the cause of app issues fast.
• Code tracing provides a line by line snapshot of PHP code execution for any given URL
• Web Services debugging means you can identify and trace the path of web service calls. Easily integrates with Zend Studio IDE.
Free Versus Paid?
While free Zend Server is a great solution for a development project, it has limitations compared to paid Zend Server subscription. Paid subscriptions include longer data retention (months or years rather than an hour of metrics), technical support and security patches , more performance features, and multi-server support and management.
They have been simplified, or complicated, depending on how you look at it. There is only one option, and that’s the Enterprise Trial version, however, from within the admin you can change your license to another version, including the free version.
If you’ve used Zend Server CE, you’ll much enjoy this upgrade to ZS6!